A dawn/dusk simulator like the BodyClock Active 250 has been shown to help boost energy, productivity, and improve your overall mood. It has also a much more pleasant way to start the day than an insistent beep! With the built in FM tuner, you can opt to be woken by the erudition of Radio 4, the gentle sounds of Radio 3, or even, should you so wish, Chris Moyles.
The BodyClock Active 250 helps you drift off towards sleep gently - working in the same way as Sunrise, the Sunset feature gradually drops the light levels in the room, gently persuading your mind and body that it is time to slow down, relax, and sleep.
- Bodyclock Active is an alarm clock that wakes you naturally, with a sunrise that gradually brightens over 15, 20, 30, 45, 60 or 90 minutes.
- The light is a signal for your body to ease off production of sleep hormones (e.g. melatonin) and increase levels of those that help you get up and go (e.g. cortisol).
- 15, 20, 30, 45, 60 or 90 minute sunset to help you to naturally unwind ready for bed.
- Bodyclock Active has a radio with digital tuning plus several other audio features to help you start your day feeling brighter or help you relax naturally before sleep.
- Enhance your Bodyclock Active sunrise with a dawn chorus or a rooster wake-up call. Or, if you have trouble nodding off, there are 'white noise' and wave sounds to help lull you to sleep.
- As well as providing you with dimmable bedside lighting, Bodyclock Active has a nightlight feature and a security option that turns the light on while you're away.
- Using a dawn simulator like Bodyclock Active helps keep your sleep/wake cycle on track and has been shown to boost mood, energy and productivity levels for the whole day.
- If you're not a 'morning person' Bodyclock Active is simply a much nicer way to wake up. It's also an effective winter blues option and a useful complement to a lightbox in treating more severe SAD.
- Lumie invented the first dawn simulators and so Bodyclock Active benefits from a wealth of experience and customer feedback.